- In India, regional rival takes on Modi at his own game
- Why N. Korea may have used VX to kill leader's half brother
- Regulator: China needs to rein in risky stock behavior
- Key developments in Kim's assassination investigation
- First Warning Weather: Severe Thunderstorm Watch
- Baltimore Police Kills Dog After it Attacked 3 Children
- Police Capture Attempted Murder Suspect Fleeing from Scene
- 1 Arrested in High-Speed Chase with Baby in Car
- Weather Blog: Storm With Heavy Wind And Hail Move Through Area
- Democrats Elect Perez Party Chairman On Second Ballot
'You're probably travelling with body parts': Flight attendants share the shocking secrets that passengers don't know (and reveal the reason why you should ALWAYS wear shoes)
More from Travel
- Flight attendants of Reddit have shared their shocking on board secrets
- They reveal that both the cabin crew and the pilot enjoy an in flight nap
- They also disclose that the airplane is probably not as clean as you'd hoped
The thread was started by user ayyitsjameslmao who asked fellow Redditors 'Flight Attendants of Reddit: What do the passengers *not* know?'.
b b have taken to Reddit to reveal the secrets that they would never tell their passengers
It wasn't long before stewards and stewardesses came forward with their frankly shocking admissions.
Probably the most unsettling confession came from user oh_sneezeus who revealed that passengers are likely to be travelling with body parts to be used in transplants.
Legion3382 confirmed this revealing that he once worked as a baggage handler and had helped to stow dead bodies in the hold.
Perhaps more disturbing though, was the fact that he said he had seen 'fluid' leak from the caskets.
Many of those who have worked aboard an airline were eager to deter passengers from removing their shoes during a flight.
TJeffersonsBlackKid said the floor is so 'filthy it's ridiculous' claiming that there is urine on the carpet.
Another user named seeyou_never said that she 'regularly' witnesses accidents before pleading with travellers not to change their baby's nappy on a tray table.
Several cabin crew members advised to keep your shoes on in flight as the aircraft is not as clean as you would like to believe
While many of the admissions were a little gross some were more than a little worrying.
Giftofnarwhals revealed that an elderly pilot he had once known had decided to step down from his role after his dementia meant he forgot where he was travelling to mid flight.
In addition several members of the thread revealed that both the cabin crew and the pilot sleep during the flight.
User tz100 revealed that occasionally airline delays are due flight attendants calling in sick which has known to be due to a hangover.
Nodeal_reddit said that his mother worked aboard Delta airlines and revealed that customers had been known to fake a disability to get priority boarding.