- Final stop of craft that flew to Capitol? The garbage heap
- ICC urges dialogue with African nations set to quit
- 'Jackie' says she felt pressure to be in Rolling Stone story
- Policy Prescriptions: Trump and Clinton on veterans
- Man won't get to cover neo-Nazi tattoos during murder trial
- Singer Pete Burns dies of a cardiac arrest aged 57
- Cute panda can't stop biting his friend's ear as they play in their enclosure in China
- Air India's Delhi to San Francisco flight becomes world's longest non-stop journey
- Limiting kids' time on smartphones and tablets to an hour a day 'makes happier children'
- Pregnant women embrace 'maternity swag' inspired by Kim Kardashian on Instagram
Male stripper arrested for attacking angry women unhappy after model they were hoping for was replaced at the last minute
More from UK
- Nigel Farage slams Theresa May for dismissing Boris Johnson's Brexit pledge of an Australian-style migrant points system
- Fuchsia Seraphine Dress Worn by Kate Only Costs $79
- Kenny Sansom Admits He's a Homeless Alcoholic Who Sleeps on a Park Bench
- Mothers' Groups Hail Kate's Decision Not to Hide Her Post-Baby Bump
- Body of missing 2-year-old found by police a day after he wandered off while playing with his brother
- Novice performer Leon Zbudowskyj replaced heartthrob Fabio at pub night
- He spat frothy cream at audience, sat down on a chair and glared at crowd
- Compere said he looked as if he had wandered in off the street
- Audience began heckling the stripper and throwing serviettes at him
- The 'fireman' then allegedly dived into crowd of women and started fight
By Emma Reynolds
PUBLISHED: 06:06 EST, 7 February 2013 | UPDATED: 06:30 EST, 7 February 2013
A stand-in male stripper was arrested by police for allegedly attacking disappointed women who booed him off stage.
More than 150 excited women paid £10-a-head to see a muscular male entertainer called Fabio strutting his stuff at 'Ladies Night' in a pub Llanelli, South Wales.
But the dark-haired heartthrob had to cancel at the last minute, and was replaced by 'diabolical' novice stripper Leon Zbudowskyj.
Unsatisfied: The crowd was expecting heartthrob Fabio, left, but instead got 'dirty' Leon Zbudowskyj, right
High hopes: The crowd had paid £10 each to see sexy Fabio at the Baltic Inn, but he was forced to cancel
'Diabolical': Replacement Zbudowskyj (pictured) was not quite what the women wanted to see
The 29-year-old became furious after the women started heckling him and dived into the crowd, sparking a mass brawl.
Zbudowskyj strolled out on stage dressed as a fireman, but failed to put on a smouldering performance for the chanting women.
The crowd expecting a Full Monty-style show were unimpressed when scruffy Zbudowskyj spat frothy cream at them before sitting on a chair in the middle of the stage.
Witnesses said the women lost patience with the semi-naked entertainer and started heckling him, throwing screwed up serviettes and screaming abuse.
Witnesses said Zbudowskyj lost his temper and dived into the crowd, sparking a mass brawl.
Inadequate: Unlike experienced Fabio, left, the stand-in had no six-pack, music or dance routine
Bizarre: Zbudowskyj, who dressed as a fireman, spat frothy cream at the pub crowd before sitting on a chair
Five police cars were sent to break up the fight at the Baltic Inn at Pontyates, near Llanelli.
Compere Debra Jones said: 'He was diabolical, he was disgusting, he just didn't have anything, no music, no dance routine,
'He looked like he had come off the street, he looked dirty, he was unshaven and he didn't have a six-pack.
'In fact, he looked like he had been hit in the face with a wok.
'He just wasn't the sort of person you wanted to see take their kit off.
'At first he spat cream at the women and then he just sat down on a chair on the stage. He didn't move, he just glared at the audience.
Offended: When the women made it clear they would have preferred Fabio, left, Zbudowskyj lost his temper
'Disgusting': The sceptical women heckled the fireman and threw screwed up serviettes at him
'The women started booing and they then started scrunching up serviettes and throwing them at him.
'We could have done with a stage hook to drag him off.'
Posters for the night at the Baltic Inn showed a photograph of experienced stripper Fabio, from Birmingham.
Whose round? Zbudowskyj dived into the audience, sparking a mass brawl. Five police cars turned up to arrest him
But the small-time star cancelled at the last minute and the agency sent Zbudowskyj instead.
Zbudowskyj, who describes himself on Facebook as an 'entrepreneur', was due to be paid £150 for the show.
But the stripper, from Cardiff, was taken away by police after the performance descended into chaos.
Viv Davies, 58, who has owned the country inn for seven years, said the experience had put him off booking strippers dressed as firemen.
He said: 'He got on the stage and tried to start his performance but the ladies were not very happy with him and started booing.
'It is not something that happens all the time and it was really quite unusual.
'But it didn't actually spoil much - it was a good night, everybody enjoyed themselves.
'It was a fantastic night, that's the most important thing, and it will not put us off holding events like that in the future.
'We have even set a date for the next one - although I think we may steer away from firemen next time.'
The agency who booked him said they would not work with him again and have emailed other agencies warning them to avoid him.
A spokesman for Fantasy Strip said: 'It was the first time we used him and he let us down big time.
'We will certainly not be working with him again, we've been doing this for more than 10 years and we've never had an experience like this.
'We have warned other agencies to stay away from him as he will mess up their bookings and damage their reputations.'
Zbudowskyj, of Cathays, Cardiff, was unavailable for comment.
A spokeswoman for Dyfed Powys Police said: 'A 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed pending further inquiries.'