- Helen marten named winner of 2016 turner prize
- Justice suspends president of Brazil's Senate from duties
- The Latest: Prosecutors plan to retry police officer
- Police officer charged for slapping man dressed as bunny
- Man Convicted In Son’s Hot-Car Death Gets Life, No Parole
- Police: Fake News Story Led Gunman To Popular D.C. Pizzeria
- Keidel: Are These Chiefs For Real?
- Mistrial Declared In Black Motorist’s Shooting
- Maryland Woman Ordered Released on Bail from Gambian Prison
- Grinch Investigation: Christmas Lights Stolen In Edgemere
More from UK
- Middlesbrough 1-0 Hull City: Ramirez heads winner against former club - 5 things we learned
- Tom Hardy loses bet with Leonardo DiCaprio and has to get a ridiculous tattoo as penalty
- Man survives cancer, beats meningitis twice, recovers from month-long coma - then tragically dies in fatal crash
- I'm a Celebrity's Sam Quek 'pulled an all-nighter' at wrap party before heading straight to airport at 6am
- England legend Jonny Wilkinson says he's in AWE of current Red Rose stars George Ford and Owen Farrell
- Nine men are accused of grooming and abusing vulnerable girls in Oxford
- Child sex ring allegedly abused several girls - aged 11 to 16 over eight years
- Gang member allegedly branded one schoolgirl with 'M' for Mohammed
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 20:23 EST, 22 February 2013 | UPDATED: 06:09 EST, 23 February 2013
A young girl has told a court how her sex attacker branded her with his initial.
The child was just 11 when Mohammed Karrar, 38, allegedly bought her and loaned her to abusers all around the country for £600 a year.
She told a court yesterday about being mutilated by a hairpin, saying: 'After heating it up for a little while, he stuck it on my bum.
'It was M for Mo and he said I belonged to him. He was branding me so people knew I was his.'
In the dock: Kamar Jamil, Akhtar Dogar, Anjum Dogar, Assad Hussain, Mohammed Karrar, Bassam Karrar, Mohammed Hussain, Zeeshan Ahmed and Bilal Ahmed are accused of abusing vulnerable girls as young as 11 over the course of eight years in Oxford. They all deny the charges
Over five years the girl, now 19, was repeatedly raped by large groups of men in what she described as ‘torture sex’, the jury was told last month.
Seven men of Pakistani origin and two from North Africa are accused of 79 offences against six vulnerable white British girls. The charges include child rape, sexual trafficking and child prostitution.
Noel Lucas QC, prosecuting, said Karrar – known as Egyptian Mo – bought the youngest victim from an unnamed man just after her 11th birthday.
He befriended her with gifts of perfume and hard drugs but then began to beat her up and raped her, the Old Bailey was told.
He branded her with one of her hair pins, which he had twisted into the shape of an ‘M’ and heated with a cigarette lighter. It left a scar on her left buttock.
‘He regarded her as his property,’ Mr Lucas said. ‘He showed her no regard. If she had the temerity to resist, he beat her.
‘He branded her to make her his property and to ensure others knew about it.’ At the age of 12 she was introduced to Karrar’s brother Bassam, 33, who is also accused of raping her.
The girl ‘describes the Karrars as sick sex monsters’, Mr Lucas said. ‘They were always talking about sex and spoke about women in a vile manner.
‘Mohammed Karrar liked her to dress up and act out role play. Both brothers used to beat her.’
From the age of 12 the girl was sold to groups of Asian men who violently raped her in private homes and guesthouses around Oxford and elsewhere. Sometimes she was injected with heroin or given date drugs to ensure she complied with the gang’s sick demands, it was alleged.
Mr Lucas added: ‘It became routine for her to be taken to various locations, houses and hotels by the Karrar brothers so she could treat their guests. She would be made to dress up, wear very short skirts and a bikini top, do her hair and put on lots of make-up.
The jury of seven men and five women at the Old Bailey were told that the men targeted care homes and schools to find their victims
By the end of the evening she would have been sexually used and abused by all the men. She would be so drugged up as to be unable to feel the pain.’
Just after her 12th birthday the girl told Karrar she was carrying his child. He allegedly beat her up and then took her to a house in Reading where she was given a ‘backroom abortion’ using a crochet hook.
On other occasions Karrar raped the girl in the living room of her own home as her father slept in another room, it was said.
Sometimes his friends would arrive at her house and they would allegedly rape her too. The girl, who came from a troubled family, naively believed ‘Mo’ loved her and was going to marry her when she was 16, the court heard.
During a trip to the Lake District in 2007, when she was 14, she is said to have been called by Karrar on her mobile phone.
David Hughes, a social worker, answered and Karrar allegedly asked to speak to her.
When Mr Hughes refused, Karrar allegedly said: ‘If you don’t get her I’ll **** you up, I’ll **** her up and I’ll **** her mum.’ Later the girl told the social worker of ‘men who took her to houses’.
In January 2008, she told police a man called ‘Egyptian Mo’ had raped her in London nine months previously. Two years later the girl contacted her alleged attacker for an apology but was raped again, the court heard.
Kamar Jamil, 27, Akhtar Dogar, 32, his brother Anjum Dogar, 30, Assad Hussain, 32, Mohammed Karrar, Bassam Karrar, Mohammed Hussain, 24, Zeeshan Ahmed, 27, and Bilal Ahmed, 26, deny all the charges against them.
The trial continues.
Sorry we are unable to accept comments for legal reasons.