- Egyptian women's rights advocate Azza Soliman freed on bail
- Sweden joins dash to host EU drugs agency instead of London after Brexit
- European Tour Hong Kong Open scores
- The Latest: ICRC and Red Crescent evacuate 148 from Aleppo
- Danish lawmaker: Warning shots should be fired at migrants
- Cancer patient who lost most of his penis takes legal action against Southend Hospital
- 'He'll rest at peace in the mountains': Family give their touching tribute to 'imaginative and adventurous' Oxford University student who died on Varsity ski trip in French Alps
- Russian missile test goes spectacularly wrong when rocket destroys its launcher amid reports Russia has given up on strikes from Putin’s only aircraft carrier
- Earth could be DESTROYED in a fiery inferno as the sun swells to 100 times its current size
- Poundland told of misspelling 'misteltoe' on Christmas decorations by SIX-year-old
More from UK
- Scarlett Moffatt's dad reveals he was furious when the I'm A Celebrity winner was crying on Larry Lamb's lap
- Joey Barton claims media built him up to be Lionel Messi as midfielder insists he has no regrets over Rangers spell
- Cheapest train tickets for Christmas - Here's how to make sure you bag one with this little-known legal loophole
- Topless PETA protester pretends to be turkey in bizarre stunt urging people to 'go vegan' this Christmas
- Christmas Prize Bonanza Day 8: Win a pair of ghd's
- Web users post 5,000 pics of sex workers captured on Google Street View
- The ladies of the night were snapped as they ply their trade
- The prostitutes have been snapped all over the world
By Sam Webb
PUBLISHED: 06:52 EST, 26 February 2013 | UPDATED: 07:15 EST, 26 February 2013
These unlucky prostitutes were caught in the act while touting for business - after being snapped by Google Street View cameras.
The women in skimpy outfits are seen plying their wares on roadsides in dozens of countries - including the UK.
But they were unaware they were being photographed by the search engine's cameras and then uploaded to the web.
These unlucky prostitutes were caught in the act while touting for business - after being snapped by Google Street View cameras. It's pretty obvious what's happening in this shot from Brazil
More than 5,000 shots of sex workers have been posted by eagle-eyed browsers on doxypsotting.com.
They include a prostitute in one-piece lingerie waiting for customers by some woods in Nice, France, and a blonde girl in denim hot pants being picked up by a punter in Taguantiga, Brazil.
Meanwhile, one raven-haired mistress in Brussels flashes her legs to passers-by from her apartment window.
A prostitute in Rome even waves to one of the giant cameras, which are fixed to Google's distinctive mapping vans.
Birdwatching? This woman in Nice, France, has bought a seat for when she gets tired
Good job it's warm: This scantily-clad lady of the night in Pisa, Italy, checks her phone while awaiting custom
More than 5,000 shots of sex workers have been posted by eagle-eyed browsers on doxypsotting.com
A sex worker in a daring red dress and silver stilettos leaves little to the imagination as she is pictured on the streets of Sau Paulo, Brazil.
And a voluptuous call-girl waits for customers as she sits next to a car park in Madrid.
Just a handful of prostitutes are pictured in Manchester, Nottingham and Sheffield - with one in the Midlands applying make-up next to the road.
A staggering 2,000 pictures have been uploaded of sex workers and venues in Italy, followed by 639 in Brazil, and 222 in Belgium. Other countries include the Czech Republic, Germany, the Netherlands, Romania, Mexico and Thailand.
Shady business: These ladies take shelter from the sun and chat as they wait for customers
This Brazilian woman was pictured in a notorious red light district
The images are found by web users who trawl known red-light districts and search the same places on Street View.
The website's anonymous administrator wrote: 'To kill time I began exploring exotic places on Street View to take a "mini vacation".
'That got a little boring after a couple of days, so I was looking to spot something new - the seediest thing you could find on Google Street View.
Sex worker? In all fairness, this woman could just be waiting for a lift home
Hello boys: A sex worker in Brussels advertises her wares
'At first I did not record the sightings. But it became apparent that Google Street View was full of prostitutes - more than I ever expected! I quickly created a website to record and share my findings.
'I have a preference for Spain. Most of the prostitutes I've spotted in Spain look hot. And Madrid is such a raunchy city.'
He quickly identified a few of his favourites: 'One of my most precious spottings is an amazingly hot looking busty hooker in Madrid's Zona Industrial de Villaverde.
'I also like the Italian broad that advertised her services with her boobs out while sitting next to her van - and the construction workers nearby certainly did not mind the view.'
Last week a Russian woman ended her engagement after discovering her fiance was having an affair through Russia's version of Google's map service.
Marina Voinova, 24, was searching for the address of her house on Yandex Maps, which doesn't blur faces.
But an image of her home in Perm, Western Russia, loaded, and she was horrified to see her partner Sasha with his arms around a mystery brunette.