- Sheriff: Man fatally shoots wife he thought was a burglar
- Texas court grants appeal after 35 years without conviction
- Balotelli kept quiet on return as Nice held 1-1 at Bastia
- BCPS Superintendent to be Honored at Presidential Inaugural Ball
- 5 Valentine’s Day Activities for Singles
- 2017 NBA All-Star Game Starting Lineups
- Reaction to Inauguration Travel in Baltimore & D.C.
- Fiery Crash Halts Traffic in Prince George’s County
- Maryland Reducing Operations at 75-Year-Old Prison
- Police: Man Who Stole Car With Kids Inside ID’d
More from UK
- President Donald Trump's inauguration has sent Twitter into meltdown - here are the best
- What breed of psychopath is Max? EastEnders fans can't get over him eating bacon sandwich as brother Jack 'annihilates' Danny
- Barry McGuigan column: Conor McGregor fight lacks the financial punch to tempt Floyd Mayweather
- Jedward and Stacy Francis clash in row over Celebrity Big Brother nominations
- What EXACTLY did Donald Trump mean in his chilling inauguration speech revealed
Jeff Bauman, who was pictured being wheeled away from the scene with both legs blown off, saw the suspect minutes before the explosion
The brave Boston bombing victim photographed in a wheelchair with his legs blown off was able to identify one of the suspected terrorists after waking in his hospital bed.
Jeff Bauman had to have both legs amputated below the knee after suffering catastrophic injuries as he watched the marathon.
Images of the 27-year-old being wheeled away from the scene shortly after the explosion were broadcast around the world in the days after the attack.
Now it has emerged that Jeff, who was caught in the blast as he waited for his girlfriend Erin to finish the race, was able to identify one of the men who is believed to be behind the attack.
He woke up in the hospital under the influence of strong pain medication and asked for pen and paper to describe what he saw.
His brother Chris told Bloomberg News that he saw man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt look him in the eye then drop a bag at his feet.
Two minutes later, the deadly blast ripped through the crowd, blowing Jeff’s legs apart.
"He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, 'bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,'" his brother, Chris told Bloomberg.
His description helped FBI officials identify the suspects, whose images were released yesterday.
Earlier this week, Jeff was identified as the man in the now iconic image by his father.
Jeff Bauman Snr said on his Facebook page that his son had to have both lower limbs removed at Boston Medical Center because of extensive vascular and bone damage.
He said his son also had to have another surgery because of fluid in his abdomen.
Bauman added that his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Watertown shootoutView gallery