- Rain stops play in the final major of the year
- Pep guardiola confirms manchester city interest in john stones and leroy sane
- Who is setting Kenya's schools on fire?
- Clinton to nation: It's a 'moment of reckoning'
- Johanna konta continues winning run to reach rogers cup quarter-finals
- U.S. Olympian Katie Zaferes On The Conditions She Will Face During The Rio Olympics
- Jimenez Strong, Bullpen Slips In Orioles’ 6-2 Loss To Twins
- More UK cases of Zika: Three patients test positive for virus in West Yorkshire after returning from overseas
- Ryanair passengers travelling with an under-12 must pay for reserved seat
- Heartbroken mother, 55, of teenager who hanged himself over false rape allegations kills herself after first anniversary of his death because she ‘couldn’t see a future without him’
More from UK
- Norwich Start-rite shoe suppliers to Prince George have been hacked
- Prince Andrew still acting as a 'trade envoy' writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE
- Kate slips off her coat to reveal a chic £800 Roksanda dress
- Princess Charlotte in new pictures released to mark her first birthday
- Fuchsia Seraphine Dress Worn by Kate Only Costs $79
Jeff Bauman, who was pictured being wheeled away from the scene with both legs blown off, saw the suspect minutes before the explosion
The brave Boston bombing victim photographed in a wheelchair with his legs blown off was able to identify one of the suspected terrorists after waking in his hospital bed.
Jeff Bauman had to have both legs amputated below the knee after suffering catastrophic injuries as he watched the marathon.
Images of the 27-year-old being wheeled away from the scene shortly after the explosion were broadcast around the world in the days after the attack.
Now it has emerged that Jeff, who was caught in the blast as he waited for his girlfriend Erin to finish the race, was able to identify one of the men who is believed to be behind the attack.
He woke up in the hospital under the influence of strong pain medication and asked for pen and paper to describe what he saw.
His brother Chris told Bloomberg News that he saw man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt look him in the eye then drop a bag at his feet.
Two minutes later, the deadly blast ripped through the crowd, blowing Jeff’s legs apart.
"He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, 'bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,'" his brother, Chris told Bloomberg.
His description helped FBI officials identify the suspects, whose images were released yesterday.
Earlier this week, Jeff was identified as the man in the now iconic image by his father.
Jeff Bauman Snr said on his Facebook page that his son had to have both lower limbs removed at Boston Medical Center because of extensive vascular and bone damage.
He said his son also had to have another surgery because of fluid in his abdomen.
Bauman added that his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Watertown shootoutView gallery