- Japan PM in Kenya to launch summit on African development
- Japan warns on measles after infected fan joins Bieber concert
- PRESS DIGEST-Canada - Aug. 26
- Germany's Merkel in Poland for talks on EU future, migrants
- The Norris & Long Show Best Of – Week Of August 27th
- Women say bisexual men ‘are better lovers and better fathers than straight partners’
- Travellers 'swear' at locals as they are evicted from playing fields in caravans
- Lady Amelia Windsor is a vision in white as she celebrates her 21st birthday
- Mad Bank Holiday getaway begins lunchtime as motorists take to the roads
- Czech police foil 'attack' on Angela Merkel as suspect tried to ram Chancellor
More from UK
- Norwich Start-rite shoe suppliers to Prince George have been hacked
- Prince Andrew still acting as a 'trade envoy' writes SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE
- Fuchsia Seraphine Dress Worn by Kate Only Costs $79
- Kenny Sansom Admits He's a Homeless Alcoholic Who Sleeps on a Park Bench
- Mothers' Groups Hail Kate's Decision Not to Hide Her Post-Baby Bump
Jeff Bauman, who was pictured being wheeled away from the scene with both legs blown off, saw the suspect minutes before the explosion
The brave Boston bombing victim photographed in a wheelchair with his legs blown off was able to identify one of the suspected terrorists after waking in his hospital bed.
Jeff Bauman had to have both legs amputated below the knee after suffering catastrophic injuries as he watched the marathon.
Images of the 27-year-old being wheeled away from the scene shortly after the explosion were broadcast around the world in the days after the attack.
Now it has emerged that Jeff, who was caught in the blast as he waited for his girlfriend Erin to finish the race, was able to identify one of the men who is believed to be behind the attack.
He woke up in the hospital under the influence of strong pain medication and asked for pen and paper to describe what he saw.
His brother Chris told Bloomberg News that he saw man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt look him in the eye then drop a bag at his feet.
Two minutes later, the deadly blast ripped through the crowd, blowing Jeff’s legs apart.
"He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, 'bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,'" his brother, Chris told Bloomberg.
His description helped FBI officials identify the suspects, whose images were released yesterday.
Earlier this week, Jeff was identified as the man in the now iconic image by his father.
Jeff Bauman Snr said on his Facebook page that his son had to have both lower limbs removed at Boston Medical Center because of extensive vascular and bone damage.
He said his son also had to have another surgery because of fluid in his abdomen.
Bauman added that his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Watertown shootoutView gallery