- Man attempts to abduct British girl, 3, in Costa del Sol
- Rafael Nadal moves closer to first Miami Open success
- UK negotiator denies govt is blackmailing EU on security
- Sterling lower as UK awaits EU response to Brexit trigger
- The Latest: British leader says UK 'not leaving Europe'
- Trump administration drops human rights in Bahrain F-16 deal
- Sculptor defends hilarious statue of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Prince Harry reveals he's had mental health training
- Thug breaks glass and stabs it into man's FACE in London
- Temperatures soar to 72F on hottest day of the year
More from World
- "After nine months UK has delivered Brexit," tweets EU's Tusk
- Immigrant's daughter from Newham wins place at MIT
- Fascinating photos of Nigeria taken 65 years ago
- Brazil police carries out arrest orders against 5 members of Rio court -source
- China confirms detention of Taiwanese pro-democracy activist
A pedestrian has been killed in a hit and run during a police chase , officers said.
The victim was hit by a car being pursued by police in Brighton on Tuesday night.
Police are searching for the driver after the victim died at the scene of the crash in St James's Street.
Officers found the Vauxhall Astra abandoned in Madeira Drive, near the Concorde 2 music venue.
Police are now trying to trace the driver (Photo: Getty)
The car was being pursued by police (file photo) (Photo: Getty)
Police first tried to stop the car at around 10pm in Bear Road before pursuing it towards the site of the collision, Sussex Police said.
Anyone with information should contact the force on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.