Poker originated in the US and is counted as one of the most lucrative sports in both land-based casinos and the virtual casino. There are skills involved in winning the game that doesn’t totally depend on your luck. For a thrilling experience, you can find some popular poker tournaments in the gambling industry.
We have evolved from 20 cards deck to 52 cards and from gold nuggets to poker chips. Here are some more well-known facts about poker are:
- Longest game of poker in history- Approx 115 hours of continuous poker in 2010 was beaten by Phil Laak.
- Legend game – Took place in 1881 at Bird Cage Casino in Arizona without any breaks for 8 years 5 months and 3 days. $10000000 changed hands in hand.
- Ace in poker – The french revolution had a great influence in making the Aces value of the highest degree.
- Values of cards and suits – King of spades corresponds to David King of clubs signifies Alexander King of hearts Charles and King of Diamonds Caesar. The 4 suits represent 4 classes of people Spade represents nobility diamond represents merchants club represents peasants’ heart represents clergy. Today every country has its own history in its cards.
- Hand of a dead man – It is the combination of 2 Aces and 2 8s. It is the hand Wild Bill Hickok had when he was shot in the back of the head by Jack.
- Metaphysics in poker – a deck of playing poker cards represents 52 cards weeks, 4 suits represent seasons, 13 of the same suits represent phases of the lunar cycle. If you end up playing all the cards in the deck 364 values of the card + joker that represents 365 days of a leap year. All the numbers added together you get a devilish number of 666.
- Entry fee for women’s event – In the World Series of Poker, men can play in women’s events with an entry fee of $10k whereas women’s entry fee is $1k.
Types of poker
Online casinos offer online poker which can be played at the comfort of your home. You can take advantage of bitcoin poker as well. After knowing the interesting poker facts, let’s dive in to know some interesting facts of the different poker variants.
- Texas Hold’em – it is a popular variant of all, it is a household name for any poker room
- Omaha Hi – increased number of hole cards you’re dealt with strong hands can be easily made on them.
- Omaha Hi-Lo – easy to win as the pot is divided in two to both the highest and lowest hands
- 7-Card Stud – deal your own hand yet can see 4 of your opponents’ 7 cards during a hand, too.
- 2-7 Triple Draw – You have 3 draw chances. easy to determine the strength of your hand, as you only have 5 cards
- 5-Card Draw – Because there is only one drawing round. more hands can be played per hour.
- 5-Card Omaha – you have a chance of an additional hole card added into the mix for each poker player.
- Badugi – just as 2-7 Triple Draw (Lowball)
- HORSE – Playing a mixed game like HORSE breaks the monotony. You can try different forms of the game.
- Razz – With Razz bets and raises are more streamlined.
- Chinese Poker – Good for beginners based on trying your luck as well.
- Short Deck – you will have the ability to make a hand as a playable starting hand (with the 2’s through 5’s having been removed).
Pot – Limit Omaha Lots of action. With four cards you make way more hands similar to texas hold em