ComplianceOnline.com, the largest GRC Advisory Network, has included a New 3-Day Certification Program on Project Management for Human Resources to its offerings. The virtual program will be held between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM EDT on October 21-23, 2020.
HR Managers are asked to juggle a wide variety of assignments and add on special ones as needed. In many companies, the people, who formerly performed specialized tasks, are gone, along with their expertise. The work still needs to be done and HR Managers are called on to take on this work as a “project.” Most HR folks are not trained as project managers and may struggle with getting everything done effectively and efficiently.
The basics of project management are universal and many of the “tools” are easy to use. During the disruption caused by COVID-19, additional challenges face HR professionals as they manage special assignments. This program will help apply fundamental project management approaches to tackle special assignments and integrate work into a large project.
In this practical seminar, attendees will learn to plan, execute, and manage projects to get desired results on time, on budget, on target; prevent scope creep, stop firefighting, and put effort into solving the problem; define potential risks and develop contingency plans; use simple tools to manage projects of any size; and provide stakeholders with the results they expect. The program is highly interactive, with many workshops, activities, and a Case Study.
As a result of this program, HR professionals will be able to:
- Recognize the “business problem” before the project begins
- Organize tasks easily into logical groups of activities
- Create a project plan to guide all your efforts
- “Manage” your project “team” even if you don’t have one
- Keep critical stakeholders informed and involved
- Anticipate and prepare for project risk, including COVID-19 HR risks
- Track progress, recognize quickly when results slip and get back on track
- Lead effective project meetings
- Communicate with anyone and influence others successfully
- Demonstrate successful project completion
- Apply lessons learned to the next project
- The context for HR Project Management
- What are projects and where do they fit?
- Project success factors and pitfalls
- Project Initiation
- Articulate the HR project Business Problem
- Perform Stakeholder analysis
- Planning and Scheduling
- Elicit Requirements
- Analyze scope, constraints, assumptions
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure and tactical plan
- Sequence activities optimally with Logic Diagram
- Manage the Critical Path
- Schedule, assign responsibility, and track.
- Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Define budget and tracking
- Risk Management
- Define risks, qualitatively and quantitatively
- Plan for COVID-19-specific risk
- Develop Risk Impact Matrix
- Track and manage Risk; Escalate Risk Proactively
- Human Resource and Communication Plan
- Develop Role and Responsibility Plan; Create RACI diagram
- Use powerful communication approaches effectively
- Use influence strategies with key stakeholders
- Develop Management Communications Plan
- Project Execution, Monitoring, and Control
- Define What and How to monitor; scope, schedule, cost, quality
- Capture actual results for scope, schedule, cost, quality
- Project Closure
- Apply Lessons Learned for continuous improvement
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc., has been both an accidental, untrained Project Manager and a trained one. She has managed a wide variety of projects and understands the pain of juggling too many tasks, relying on others for information and work with no authority to manage them, and struggling to keep too many stakeholders from spoiling the project. She has developed project management programs for her clients around the world. She developed project management programs specifically for Human Resource professionals for a number of webinar providers. She has delivered project management seminars for organizations on four continents. Rebecca works with leaders who want to improve bottom-line results through strategic planning, engaged employees, and delighted customers. She is the author of several books on strategic leadership and planning, a legacy professional member of the National Speakers Association, and has been honored by organizations around the world in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
For more information about this Seminar visit https://www.complianceonline.com/hr-project-management-certification-program-seminar-training-80598SEM-prdsm?channel=capitalbay
ComplianceOnline.com is a leading provider of regulatory/compliance training for companies and professionals in regulated industries. ComplianceOnline has successfully trained over 60,000 professionals from 10,000+ companies to comply with the requirements of regulatory agencies. ComplianceOnline is headquartered in Palo Alto, California and can be reached at https://www.complianceonline.com.